1870 – Cassidy Monument, Glasnevin Cemetery, Dublin
“The contract for the erection of the monument to the late Matthew Cassidy, Esq., (an illustration of which is given with our present number) has been taken by Messrs. Fitzpatrick and Molloy, Glasnevin. It will be executed in limestone from Tullamore quarries, having the shafts of columns in dark serpentine and red Aberdeen granite, polished. The four panels for inscriptions will be of white marble, and the circular panels filled in with bulbs of polished spars of divers colours. The railing and cross, of wrought iron richly decorated, will be executed by the firm of Messrs. Fagan and Son, Great Brunswick-street. The entire will be carried out under the direction of the architect, Mr. Charles Geoghegan.” The Irish Builder, July 15 1870.