Architecture of Calgary
1913 – Hudson’s Bay Company, Calgary, Alberta
1906 – McDougall Block, Calgary, Alberta
Architect: Francis Lawson
Situated on the northeast corner of First street and Eighth avenue. Union Bank, the original main floor tenant, eventually purchased the building in 1916 and renamed it the Union Bank Building. An urban renewal scheme saw the entire block on 1st Street E between 8th and 9th Avenues demolished in 1972.