Architecture of Yorkshire
Kingston upon Hull
1886 – The Colonial & United States Mortgage Company, 67 Whitefriargate, Hull, Yorkshire
Architect: Robert Clamp & W.A. Gelder
Built in 1886 for the Colonial and United States Mortgage Co. Ltd to the designs of Robert Clamp & W.A. Gelder. Pevsner describes the style as French Renaissance. Later extended by two bays. The grand corner doorway has been replaced by a modern shopfront despite being Grade II listed. Image published in The Building News, June 4th 1886.