Architecture of Ohio
James W. McLaughlin
1893 – Ursuline Convent, Cleveland, Ohio
1870 – Public Library, Cincinnati, Ohio
Architect: James W. McLaughlin
Opened in 1870 and in later years known as Old Main. The main hall with its towering book stacks and clearly expressed metal structure was a fantastic internal space. Lit by tall slender windows as well as a series of rooflights. Demolished in 1955.