Architecture of Sussex
George Edmund Street
1868 – Convent of St. Margaret, East Grinstead, Sussex
Architect: George Edmund Street
The Sisters of St Margaret, an order of women in the Anglican Church, were founded in 1855 by Dr John Mason Neale at Rotherfield, England. As their numbers increased, they moved into their first convent, Saint Margaret’s in East Grinstead, Sussex.