1949 – Grand Cinema, Cabra, Dublin

Architect: Samuel Lyons, Henry J. Lyons & Son

1617

The Cabra Grand Cinema was designed by Samuel Lyons of Henry J. Lyons. for Leonard Ging’s Strand circuit but sold to Irish Cinemas before completion. It opened on 16th April 1949 with 1,600 seats. It closed on 31st January 1970, was used as a concert venue for some years, and is now a bingo hall. The rake of the auditorium floor has been removed.

Last Updated June 22nd, 2024 at 4:16 pm