1876 – Bank of Ireland, Drogheda, Co. Louth
A fine and vigorous building by Sandham Symes who also designed a fine branch for the same bank in Kilkenny. Designed in an Italianate style, the five bay, two storey building is built of Granite. An elaborate ground floor façade is offset by the more serene second floor. For a time Bank of Ireland operated its local branch from the Tholsel, but has returned to this building after a restoration..