1867 – Dominican Church and Friary, Dundalk, Co. Louth

Architect: John Murray



Both the church and the priory were designed by local architect John Murray. Originally the church was intended to have a tall spire to dominate the composition but it was never completed. The priory has some quality brickwork and original sashes and glass intact. The interior is entered under the organ loft and leads into an open nave eight bays long with exposed roof trusses. The apse is quite decorative with late 19th century altars by G.C. Ashlin and stained glass from the Harry Clarke studio. Other windows were designed by Michael Healy and Mayer of Munich.

Last Updated June 12th, 2024 at 8:16 pm