British Linen Bank
David Bryce (1803-76)
Edinburgh New Town
1879 – Royal Infirmary, Edinburgh, Scotland
1852 – Bank of Scotland, St. Andrew Square, Edinburgh
Architect: David Bryce
Formerly the British Linen Bank but now a branch of the Bank of Scotland, this sumptuous branch is at 38-39 St Andrew Square. The elaborate facade features an order or large Corinthian columns projecting from the main facade supporting an array of statues by sculptor A H Ritchie. Internally, the bank has a fine telling hall at first floor level reached by a grand staircase.