1927 – The Plaza, Middle Abbey St., Dublin

Architect: Donnelly Moore & Keatinge

1533

A large canopy over the entrance signaled the Plaza, an entertainment complex built after the reconstruction of the area post 1916. The Plaza included a dance hall, billiards hall & gallery but succumbed to the allure of the moving picture – the building being demolished and replaced by the Adelphi Cinema which opened in 1939.

See Also