1898 – Methodist Chapel, Carlow

0017

In the early months of 1897, construction started on this building comprised a chapel and adjoining lecture hall, and in the basement, a tea room or Sunday School room, a store and a heating chamber. The external work was of “fine grey granite, finely axed and tooled”. The work of building continued for just over a year and the opening services were held in April 1898.

See Also