Wolfe Tone Street Dublin

Wolfe Tone Street was formerly Stafford Street after the Earl of Stafford – William Wentworth, but is now named after the patriot Theobald Wolfe Tone (1763-1798) who lived at No.44 as a child. The park alongside was originally the churchyard of St Mary’s Church by Sir William Robinson. An architectural competition was held in 1998 to redevelop the space as a public plaza.