1919 – Easons, Abbey Street, Dublin
Destroyed in the 1916 Rising, this is the Abbey Street façade of their O’Connell Street store.
1917 – Manfield Chambers, Abbey Street, Dublin
On the corner of O’Connell Street and Middle Abbey Street, Manfield Chambers is a commercial premises with a branch of Clarks on the ground level and various offices above.
1917 – The Oval, Abbey Street, Dublin
A well known Dublin bar, the Oval has been refurbished inside, but the exterior remains intact.
1920 – Abbey Chambers, Abbey Street, Dublin
A fine commercial premises with good quality glazed terracotta façade (damaged at street level) which has received an Elizabethan stylistic treatment.
1920 – Clery’s Department Store, O’Connell Street, Dublin
A Dublin landmark – opposite the General Post Office on O’Connell Street, Clery’s has for generations being a Dublin and indeed Irish tradition –
1917 – No.3 Upper O’Connell Street, Dublin
Supposedly built with girders salvaged from the wreck of the GPO, No.3 is part of a cohesive terrace of red brick buildings with a continuous cornice.
1917 – No.1 Upper O’Connell Street, Dublin
Rebuilt after this section of O’Connell Street and North Earl Street were destroyed in fires during the Easter Rising of 1916.
1922 – No.1 Lower O’Connell Street, Dublin
On the corner of O’Connell Street and Eden Quay, the Irish Nationwide building is a large commercial building more noticeable for its signage than its architecture.
1921 – Seamens Institute, Eden Quay, Dublin
The Seamens Institute on the corner of Marlborough Street and Eden Quay is another early 20th century building after the area was decimated during the 1916 Rising.