1862 – Asylum of Merchant Seamen’s Orphans, Snaresbrook, London
Architect: George Somers Leigh Clarke
From The Building News,
From The Building News,
Held in South Kensington, on a site now occupied by the Natural History Museum.
In 1917 the house was taken over for use as government offices.
Destroyed during air raids during the Second World War.
From The Building News, May 16,
Built by the Victorian railway pioneers in 1862,
From The Building News, August 29,
Part of an architectural ensemble of church,
“This clock-tower has been built by Miss Burdett Coutts,
Herne Hill station and the first section to be completed of a new line from Beckenham Junction to Victoria,