1880 – Design for New Municipal Buildings, Glasgow
Second Premiated design in architectural competition for new muncipal buildings, now Glasgow City Chambers. The competition was won by Paisley-born architect William Young,
1881 – Glasgow Asylum for the Blind, Scotland
Published in The Architect June 24th 1882. The Blind Asylum was founded in 1804, with the first building on Castle Street erected in 1828 by public subscription.
1883 – Design for Southern Hospital, Glasgow
1884 – Wellington Church, Glasgow
The exterior of Wellington Church is notable for its magnificent neoclassical portico, complete with a colonnade of Corinthian columns.
1888 – International Exhibition of Science, Art and Industry, Glasgow
The International Exhibition of Science, Art and Industry was the first of four international exhibitions held in Glasgow during the late 19th and early 20th centuries.
1888 – Glasgow’s City Chambers
Designs for successful entry in competition to design new city hall, published in The Building News,
1888 – New Parish Church, Govan, Glasgow, Scotland
Perspective View including ground plan published in The Building News, November 21st 1884. Now known as Govan Old Parish Church,
1888 – Templeton Building, Glasgow
The facade which reflect the facade of the Doges’ Palace in Venice, vividly advertised the oriental dyed wares that were produced within.
1888 – The Clyde Trust Building, Glasgow, Scotland
Offices of The Clyde Trustees Proposed Extension & Clock Tower to Harbour. Elevations to Broomielaw &