1965 – Mary Mother of the Church, Saintfield, Co. Down
Unusually late church in a Hiberno Romanesque style of variable quality.
Unusually late church in a Hiberno Romanesque style of variable quality.
The foundation stones for Harmony Hill Presbyterian Church were laid in September 1964.
Designed after the major liturgical changes of Vatican II which removed many of the traditional separations between the celebrant and the congregation in Roman Catholic religious services.
Our Lady of the Assumption Church was first opened on 12th June 1966 replacing an earlier church on Main Street.
Built to replace an older church erected in 1834.
Designed in the early 1960s by the firm of Green Blankstein Russell Associates,
Originally the site of Gonzaga School was two identical houses,
Built in 1967 as one of a new wave of large Catholic churches in the Dublin suburbs,
This parish church was opened by the then Archbishop of Dublin,
Roman Catholic church making use of local materials and the modern idiom built to serve the local Italian Catholic population.