Baggot Street Dublin

Baggot Street is named after Robert, Lord Bagod who was given the Manor of Rath in the 13th century. Baggot Rath castle stood at what is now the junction of Waterloo Road and Baggot Street. Up until around 1756, this was know as The Road to Ball’s-bridge. In 1800 Upper Baggot Street is still known as Blackrock Road.