1897 – St. John’s Church, Ballybunion, Co. Kerry
Architect: George C. Ashlin
Replacing a church of 1829,
Replacing a church of 1829,
The Stamford, Spalding and Boston Banking Company came into being as a joint-stock bank in 1880.
Fine and elaborate small office building for Sun Life Assurance.
Opened as a bank branch in 1897,
An hotel belonging to the Phipps Northampton Brewery Company.
A fine exterior masks an almost complete Victorian interior with an ornate counter and central paybooth.
The second Theatre Royal on the same Hawkins Street site,
Austere but solid bank branch with subtle decorative plasterwork and symmetrical design.
An architectural competition was held to design this public library and hall,
Published in The Building News,