Kildare Place School was one of the first primary schools in Ireland. Did a very little seearch and found this:” In 1811 a society was founded to promote education for the poor in Ireland. In 1817 it was named the Kildare Place Society (from which
the school got its name). It got support from a lot of important Christians. It also gave out almost one and a half million books by 1831.
Kildare Place School used to be on Kildare Street. It moved to the Rathgar/Rathmines School for Girls and Boys in 1960.” from the present KPS (now and since 1960 in Rathmines) website.