Primetime 12th February 2008 – Re New Planning Gidelines

Home Forums Ireland Primetime 12th February 2008 – Re New Planning Gidelines

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      hutton
      Participant

This is on now, and should be online, 20 mins in.

Ha ha, hutton has just been quoted with Mark Littles opening remark – “build first, plan later”! ๐Ÿ˜€

The bastards – theyve not attributed it – the plagerism writ is in the post RTE! ๐Ÿ˜ก

Anyone else see it? the Monaghan councillor is a scary specimen ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi there,

I’m a new member to this site so I’m not sure of the etiquette. But I came across a thread which you were a part of in 2006 about the Greek facade Presbyterian church on Sean McDermott Street – I’m trying to find out more about the convent on that same street as I’ve noticed recently that has that little planning sign on it, like a mark of death I’m afraid! I would really like to know more about this – I would like to get inside it before its knocked down or turned inside out or whatever the developers have in store for it! could you maybe point me in the right direction? I am an artist who is very interested in urban planning, spatial relations and power relations, as well as the bureaucratic language of planning and development. Thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚

Anonymous
      Inactive

he was a meath councillor…and I agree completely lacking in any real understanding of what he was doing

Anonymous
      Inactive

@StephenC wrote:

he was a meath councillor…and I agree completely lacking in any real understanding of what he was doing

That panelist was desperate alright, but his monaghan cousin was in the opening clips…

@jdf wrote:

Hi there,

I’m a new member to this site so I’m not sure of the etiquette. But I came across a thread which you were a part of in 2006 about the Greek facade Presbyterian church on Sean McDermott Street – I’m trying to find out more about the convent on that same street as I’ve noticed recently that has that little planning sign on it, like a mark of death I’m afraid! I would really like to know more about this – I would like to get inside it before its knocked down or turned inside out or whatever the developers have in store for it! could you maybe point me in the right direction? I am an artist who is very interested in urban planning, spatial relations and power relations, as well as the bureaucratic language of planning and development. Thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚

Welcome to the site jdf – I’d refer you to the thread, “Building on Sean McDermott St” – https://archiseek.com/content/showthread.php?t=5005 – and also to the planning search on Dublin City website. I have heard of an application being made, but without the ref no. it is tricky to identify on the DCC website as there are a variety of spellings used for that street…

Anonymous
      Inactive

mr green wasn’t very good either really he waffled about green buzzwords rather then accepting that ‘guidelines’ weren’t enough.

Anonymous
      Inactive

@lostexpectation wrote:

mr green wasn’t very good either really he waffled about green buzzwords rather then accepting that ‘guidelines’ weren’t enough.

mr green was unable to guarantee the guidelines would be enforced yet was advocating the guidelines would provide a solution.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Latest News