Photographic exhibition Commercial Buildings of Dublin 1960-1985

Home Forums Ireland Photographic exhibition Commercial Buildings of Dublin 1960-1985

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Participant

This exhibition shows commercial buildings mainly within Dublin’s Canals, which people interact with on a daily basis.

The exhibition captures 50 of these buildings including some buildings that have since been remodled.

All pictures are by Stephen Farrell who has previously shown in London and Dublin including the RHA.

It is currently showing at the Dublin Civic Trust and Admission is to the best of my knowledge free.

Dublin Civic Trust (Barnwells)

4 Castle St

Dublin 2.

***** Highly Recommended

🙂

Anonymous
      Participant

Included in the Exhibition are Austin Murray’s Goldsmith House on the corner of Pearse St and Tara St which has been wrecked in it’s recent makeover

And David Keanes about to be remodled Texaco House on Pembroke Rd opp Jurys

Well worth a look

Anonymous
      Inactive

That sound good. Must take a look. Thanks Diaspora

Phil

Anonymous
      Inactive

Originally posted by Diaspora

And David Keanes about to be remodled Texaco House on Pembroke Rd opp Jurys

I have liked that Texaco House on Pembroke Road since a very young age. I had noticed recently that it looked vacant and wondered what the plan for it was. Do you have any photomontages or drawings of its planned changes?

Thanks

Phil

Anonymous
      Participant

Unfortunately all I saw was the planning notice passing one evening, but I think the changes sought looked quite minor, addition of an additional story, set back.

My main fear was that they would cover the carpark obscuring the existing building but nothing that dramatic I hope

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Latest News