Metro consultation DCC 2008.07.29

Home Forums Ireland Metro consultation DCC 2008.07.29

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
      missarchi
      Participant

well things are alot clearer now…

here are some of the drawings more on st stephens green later…
      st Stephens green west was looked at however do minor traffic concerns and temporarily moving the luas stop it was not developed further…

Anonymous
      Inactive

and more

Anonymous
      Inactive

and more

Anonymous
      Inactive

and more

Anonymous
      Inactive

and then some

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thanks for the pics Missarchi, but do we really need another Metro thread, it is getting very confusing!

Anonymous
      Inactive

just merge it with the metro north airport whatever or destruction

Anonymous
      Inactive

Phew.. thats a lot of descending (post no.5 first pic)
      I wonder will that be a standard depth or is it because of the proximity of the Liffey?

Anonymous
      Inactive

presumably the station for stephen’s green park is fully metro/interconnector designed?

Anonymous
      Inactive

@d_d_dallas wrote:

presumably the station for stephen’s green park is fully metro/interconnector designed?

in a way yes but in a way no… it has to be approved and the minister could ask them to consider somewhere else…
      like St Stephens green west or where ever.. the consortium are allowed to make changes… some big local architects got aligned with some of the groups a few months ago and have had no input yet… but the station is likely to be very similar to Madrid airport with big columns in the middle which I don’t like… but its early days… they expect to lodge with the board start of September… the box at St Stephens green is massive… big enough for a shamrock… The only issue with this station is the single exit which is good for security if one of the escalators breaks down they might be below 40,000 people per hour but some of these would change to interconnector so might be ok… and it has an easier transfer with the interconnector which you won’t get with the west but you will get better exits and a smaller platform 11-12m nom which might be a little to tight but would have to see…

Anonymous
      Inactive

Man, the Island in St. Stephens Green is gonna be ugly

Those holes during constuction are gonna be huge. Especially Parnell Square station. Why does there have to be so many levels? Otherwise the whole thing seems quite impressive.

Anonymous
      Inactive

@paul h wrote:

Phew.. thats a lot of descending (post no.5 first pic)
      I wonder will that be a standard depth or is it because of the proximity of the Liffey?

no its cause its ontop of a hill/slope parnell? max gradient is like 8%?

the designs might change slightly before they go to the board I have not checked them yet but you can see they have moved an elevator since the frank mac article…

I would like more openess in the station the mezz compromises the space but they would of done this to make the passenger flows regular

architecture is 5% of the criteria

Anonymous
      Inactive

on the picture of the O’connel street stop, there is no tracks for luas line BX and there are no bus lanes

Anonymous
      Inactive

luas line bx was dropped several months ago.

Anonymous
      Inactive

@jdivision wrote:

luas line bx was dropped several months ago.

Again, where did you hear this? it’s still on the Transport21 website and it’s on most of the above diagrams

Anonymous
      Inactive

what are all those storeys/floors under ground for, you only need one and stairs.

Anonymous
      Inactive

It’s good to see the “plans” for Grafton St and O’Connell St stations
      Does anyone have shots of the plans for the proposed Griffith Ave and D.C.U. stations Unfortunately I didn’t take my camera to the open days
      In fact any shots of the plans for any of the other proposed stations would be great
      or does anyone know where I can find them on the web?
      Thanks
      vales

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Latest News