Just came across a picture of the interior of the Grand Lyric Hall – The Tivoli Variety Theatre started life as the Conciliation Hall in 1834. It was built as a meeting place for Daniel O’Connell’s Repeal Association. In 1897, it was rebuilt as a concert hall called the Grand Lyric Hall and changed name to the Lyric Theatre of Varieties the following year. It became known as the Tivloi in 1901. It was a modest sized music hall with seating for 1252 patrons. The Tivoli closed in 1928 and the building became the home of the Irish Press newspaper group.
Grand Lyric Hall (Item #3385)
Architect: W. H. Byrne