House Style

Home Forums Ireland House Style

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    • #709559

      I have a question about house styles.
      I was in with an architect enquiring about getting plans drawn up. He showed me show examples of houses they had designed. They had some lovely ones made up of 2 buildings (a wing with all the bedrooms and a wing with the living areas). Both were linked by a hallway. I think he said that style is called clackton or clakin, I do not know the correct spelling and nothing shows up when I google these words. Does anyone know the proper name for this house style?


    • #792312

      clochán. pronounced “cluck-awn”. it refers to a closely bunched group of small dwellings making up a whole, as well as referring to a stone building with a corbelled roof typical of a monastic hut from the middle ages.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Latest News