City Centre 2016

Home Forums Ireland City Centre 2016

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      The Denouncer
      Participant

A lot happening..a city of change.
      A lot of propsals, a lot of prospects.. some stuff in progress, some far from commencement..
      And its quite frustrating! Dublin is a work in progress at this time..I want to see the finished article..so lets focus on 2016.

Would you say the following will be 100% complete in 10 years time?

Samuel Beckett Bridge
      Grand Canal Square
      U2 Tower
      Lansdowne Road
      The Point Village
      Spencer Dock Convention centre
      Spencer Dock Train Station
      Metro
      Other Transport Iniatives – Luas extensions, Dart extensions etc.
      Arnotts improvements
      Parnell Square renovations

jdivision
      Participant

Again if money keeps rolling in why not. ‘m more interested in seeing Cherrywood, the Northern Fringe and Adamstown – their sheer scale is nuts. 10,000 new houses plus a million square feet of retail in Cherrywood, more than 10,000 units in Adamstown, noot sure of figures for Northern Fringe – think it’s 10,000 too. Essentially three new towns in Dublin. Will the transport system cope, will they actually be communities?

@The Denouncer wrote:

A lot happening..a city of change.
      A lot of propsals, a lot of prospects.. some stuff in progress, some far from commencement..
      And its quite frustrating! Dublin is a work in progress at this time..I want to see the finished article..so lets focus on 2016.

Would you say the following will be 100% complete in 10 years time?

Samuel Beckett Bridge
      Grand Canal Square
      U2 Tower
      Lansdowne Road
      The Point Village
      Spencer Dock Convention centre
      Spencer Dock Train Station
      Metro
      Other Transport Iniatives – Luas extensions, Dart extensions etc.
      Arnotts improvements
      Parnell Square renovations

a boyle
      Participant

if the money keeps coming in ….

so get back to work.

Morlan
      Participant

I’d like to see the Westmorland and Dame Street renovations.

fergalr
      Participant

I heard there was a plan to pedestrianise Westmoreland St…

urbanisto
      Participant

I like to see the CC put on a major exhibition of planned and proposed and even improbable projects of the city, to give Dubliners a better overview of how the city is changing and developing. It would stimulate debate and comment…get sonme good feedback. Here in Hamburg the Council ahve a huge ‘stadtmodel’ showing all the developments planning. Its pretty impressive. I agree also the interesting points for 2016 are these new towns and perhaps Ballymun as well.

The Denouncer
      Participant

i would like to see a huge vistor centre built, with information on Irish history as well as a full rundown of city events, and touristy things to do. A huge model of the city could be laid out, with future developments as well as existing landmarks..and large screens showing a virtual map of the City Centre which tourists can use to plan their day. I believe Cardiff have something similar – we badly need one here in Dublin..perhaps on the site of the Carlton Cinema or is that too small?
      Anyway it should be close to O’Connell St.

kefu
      Participant

Amn’t sure whether you know this lads but they often have excellent models of proposed developments on the ground floor of the Civic Offices. I agree with the suggestion of something like that on a larger scale and on a more formal footing. But it’s certainly always worth popping in to Wood Quay to see what the latest plans are.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Latest News