7 Walls – 6 Architects

Home Forums Ireland 7 Walls – 6 Architects

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Paul Clerkin
      Keymaster

28 Jan 2004 – 28 Mar 2004

Irish based contemporary architectural practices present specially commissioned environments at the Royal Hibernian Academy.

***** lig alert… opening RHA tuesday evening 6 onwards i think….

garethace
      Participant

WOW, wow, wow. .. long time since we had a real good arch exhibition here I think, correct me If I am wrong. I haven’t followed this scene that much in quite a while.

The one with Edinburgh and Irish young archs awhile back now, was memorable.

Of course the ones to accompany the irish arch monographs too.

trace
      Participant

FKL – they got it!
      Henneghan Peng – when you’re hot, you’re hot
      Boyd Cody – sloping sublime
      Dominic Stephens – a-mazing
      Grainne Hassett – peep-o!

SteveM
      Participant

Current Exhibitions
      Practising Architecture – Five architectural experiments
      Jan 28 – Mar 28

http://www.royalhibernianacademy.com/HTML/current.html

This exhibition is unique in its attempt to offer The practices involved are Boyd Cody, FKL, Heneghan Peng, Hassett Ducatez, and Dominic Stevens. All award winning practices.
      The architectural segmentation of the space into five modules evolved through a process of proposition and critique. The agreed design was then costed and proved unrealizable.

Another round of discussions produced a simple division of the RHA Gallagher Gallery main space by six large walls. This offered each architect a defined space within which issues of proportion, division, accessibility, manipulation amongst others could be explored.

The exhibition marks the beginning of a series of exhibitions within the Academy programme that will connect practicing Irish architects with an art going public in a gallery space.gdgdthe visitor an architecture experience as opposed to the conventional architectural exhibitions that rely on descriptive material such as drawings and models.

Working with FKL Architects, the RHA Director Patrick T. Murphy, identified over twenty dynamic practices operating throughout Ireland. Each was invited to submit a summary portfolio of their work. From this resource five practices were chosen to join in a process of speculation about, and design of, the exhibition concept.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I went and had a look last week. I enjoyed it. It is an interesting perspective on the experience of space.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Latest News