32-storey tower for Dublin 4

Home Forums Ireland 32-storey tower for Dublin 4

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Andrew Duffy
      Participant

http://www.dublincity.ie/planning/swiftknowledge/articleDetail.php?hk=41b0a6dfde9dd
      http://www.ireland.com/newspaper/property/2004/1209/3736037137RPPLANLEAD.html

32-storey tower for Dublin 4

Planning&Development: Developers Johnny Ronan and Richard Barrett have lodged a planning application to build a 32-storey tower block overlooking Grand Canal Dock at Barrow Street in Dublin 4. The application, submitted by Candourity Ltd, a subsidiary of Treasury Holdings, also seeks to convert a protected warehouse structure into a nightclub.

If constructed, the tower – on a site between and including 35 to 35A Barrow Street, Dublin 4 – would be one of the tallest buildings in Ireland. Earlier this month Dublin City Council approved plans for a 32-storey tower near Heuston Station.

Treasury’s site includes The Factory at 35a Barrow Street, and Treasury Holdings’ headquarters at 35 Barrow Street. The new development will comprise 150 apartments, a nightclub, shop, café and public viewing platform. Architects Anthony Reddy and Associates has also designed a public plaza, which will be located between the 32-storey tower and Treasury’s protected warehouse building, which will be converted into a nightclub and form the base for a second nine-storey apartment tower.

The 32-storey tower will comprise a total of 112 one and two-bedroom apartments, a café and shop. The site backs onto the Bolands Mills complex, which was bought for €42 million last month by developer Seán Kelly. Mr Kelly is expected to seek planning permission for a tower block even higher than the existing mill building, which stands 21 storeys at its highest point. The proposed tower will be taller than the controversial 26-storey apartment tower planned by a consortium headed by Denis O’Brien for a site in Donnybrook, Dublin 4.

It was refused planning permission by Dublin City Council in September, and is now under appeal.

Last week, Dublin City Council approved plans for a 32-storey apartment tower near Heuston Station designed by Paul Keogh Architects.

© The Irish Times

FIN
      Participant

slowly but surely. nice one.

kefu
      Participant

I don’t know if anybody can scan the picture from the Irish times, but it’s a nothing design.
      It looks to me like another Trojan Horse, with the aim of gettng through something of 22 or 24 storeys – it certainly wouldn’t appear to be a major addition to the area, from the image in this morning’s paper.

FIN
      Participant

ahhhhhhh! crap. i haven’t seen it. i thought we were beyond this nonsense. they could at least make the design pleasent to look at..

Andrew Duffy
      Participant

Scanned image attached. Notice that this other Treasury development is in the background, although I can’t find a planning application for it.

d_d_dallas
      Participant

It’s MALAGA!!!

lexington
      Participant

Are they serious??? I mean, really, are…are they serious???

The fact that so many developers are willing to take the chance on high-rise buildings is generally positive – but, and not knocking Dublin’s progress related to high-rise – but that is a truly horrible design. With the exception of the U2 Tower and SJR proposal by Dunloe Ewart – Dublin really isn’t fairing well in the design leagues for high-rise, Heuston Gate included. Come on – the city deserves better than that!

Anonymous
      Participant

I hope for everyone connected to this project that the above image is not a true representation of the proposed finished project, I am dissapointed as I really had hoped that the 50m an acre land price in the basin would have delivered something smarter looking, but a better image might emerge yet!!!!!!

Lorcan
      Participant

seriously it looks like the tower blovks they’ve been trying to get rid of for the past hw many years!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Latest News