Re: Where went the Gold Medals?
O’Donnell + Tuomey’s RIAI Gold Medal for Ranelagh Multi-Denominational School (1998-2000) was the first Gold Medal given to a building in the Dublin area since Sam Stephenson’s Currency Centre more than 20 years previously (1977-79). The last building within the canals to win the Gold Medal was Michael Scott’s Busaras (1953-55). The only other ‘real’ Dublin building to win the Gold Medal was the inaugural award to St Thomasâ€™s Church by Fred Hicks (1932-34). 2 out of 19 medals to buildings within the canals – hardly fair?