Re: Re: what’s going up in Cobh

Home Forums Ireland what’s going up in Cobh Re: Re: what’s going up in Cobh

Anonymous
Inactive

Cobh with its setting in the centre of the harbour,facing south,outstanding architecture that only Kinsale and Crosshaven could dream of and deepwater for shipping and nowhere to moor a yacht.

The Pontoon at the Quays Bar is the only haven for a visting yacht and in high use all summer.
After that well…….I’m afraid I watch foreign boats in the summer day in/day out, come up in fornt of Cobh, do a quick u-turn and away again….. all with Cash in pocket ready to be spent…..

Cruise down the West coast of France and you can moor in similar sized ports easily with the industry and tourism surrounding it is a potential wasted.

Indeed and North Coast of Spain and Scotland as I’ve mentioned before

Visit La Rochelle sometime and see how the old and the new have been integrated.

A Prime example

Cobh will decay for another 10 years before anything is done.

Remember Kinsale 25 years ago – you could’nt give the place away.Remember it well…..

Courtmacsherry and Schull are both getting their acts together on Marinas as they have seen the huge
shoreside benefits…. in fact Kerry at the moment doing very well with their 3 marinas, Cahirciveen, Dingle and Fenit… to County Corks expense…many French and German boats skipping West Cork and vacationing/cruising there directly due to excellent facilities. Know many who even temporarily leave boats there and come back again to continue their holiday or with other family members…. who all use shoreside transport etc…
This could have been Cobh…

Latest News