Re: Re: what’s going up in Cobh

Home Forums Ireland what’s going up in Cobh Re: Re: what’s going up in Cobh

Anonymous
Inactive

@Spinal Tap wrote:

Cobh with all its Architectural,Maritime and historical heritage stop the clock yet again and accepts the decline and decay thats visible all over the town with the greatest potential in Ireland for tourism.

Meanwhile West Cork,Kinsale,Crosshaven,Clonakilty,Baltimore and Cork City itself dominate and forge ahead Old Queenstown stands still surrounded by Haulbowline,Spike Island and fading Titanic relics etc.The town has been in decline since the British Navy pulled out in the 1930’s – I.F.I,Irish Steel and the Verolme Cork Dockyard long since scrapped recycled.

Time for Cobh to glorify the past and embrace the future before it dries up.

Good points…. we’ll have a Heritage Town alright of boarded up businsses and derelict buildings… its here already….

If I was a developer/investor the recent events would give me a stong hint to invest elsewhere, like West Cork,Kinsale,Crosshaven,Clonakilty,Baltimore.

One could argue forever on the merits of the design etc. of the disallowed Marina but the damage is greater than that. Will be interesting to see where Cobh is in 5 years….. comparative to the likes of Courtmacsherry, Schull, Kinsale,Crosshaven,Clonakilty,Baltimore.

Latest News