Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Home Forums Ireland well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ? Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Anonymous
Inactive

@Tuborg wrote:

I was in the city centre today (Sunday) for the 1st time in about a fortnight and I acually couldnt believe my eyes, Look what Matthew Stephens Jewellers have done to the georgian building at 8 O Connell Street!

I thought something was up when they removed the second floor facade a while back but now they’ve inserted a huge window and plastered over the brickwork! How the fuck was this allowed to happen, I though those days were over!

I know Limerick City Council are an incompetent bunch at the best of times but this is unbelievable!

Two storey shopfronts plus render finish to existing brickwork!

It will probably set a new precedent for all the other retailers operating in similar georgian buildings.(Jewellers, Fast-food outlets, Shoe shops etc, etc.) It will be very difficult for the city council to refuse them planning permission on heritage grounds as they all can chant back “everybody else is doing it so why can’t we?”. At least a new render finish over the brick work should preserve it :rolleyes: against pollution, frost etc, etc. (Ah Tuborg ]not plastered[/B] as well?)

Latest News