Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Home Forums Ireland well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ? Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

vitruvius
Participant

[quote=”
What id like to see for our own O Connell Street is more of a minimalist approach, but with the required amount of street furniture and possibly some soft landscaping! Ideally a proper effort to clean up and Improve the buildings along the street would be part of the plan, but I suppose that would be asking for too much!..[/QUOTE”]

I agree – I think an Elysian scheme like Dublin’s O’Connell st. might be a bit du trop.
However, Limerick City Council have a long way to come first with regard to planning covenants etc.
In Dublin, DCC just went ahead and installed the scheme in the hope that the owners of the various businesses would come on board and turn down the neon.
In fairness, they have been successful – the street looks really well, and I think some business owners are coming up to the mark.
I don’t know how successful such a scheme, howver modest would be in Limerick – would the centras, spars and supermacs on the street make their presence less visible ?

Any idea where the stone for Thomas St. + Bedford Row came from? – Don’t get me wrong, the pedestrianisation is a good thing but the paving is a bit fussy – like something you’d see in a shopping centre.

Latest News