Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?
Home › Forums › Ireland › well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ? › Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?
They look particularly hideous – and the prices â‚¬370000? That’s over â‚¬120,000 for each window. What a shame this got through planning – Henry St. was developing a somewhat respectable character, with a few exceptions, until now.
Indeed, I would have to agree with you, especially when the developer has such a great site and then having the Foreign Affairs Department as a client. They donâ€™t fit to each other!
Quite a contrast to the new Hartstonge Gate / River Stone House development next door, NMA have in my opinion, have sucessfully restored this 3 storey Georgian House in a charming modern way.
Architects Newenham Mulligan & Associates http://www.nma.ie/ Projects: City infill
Construction of a pedestrian access and ancillary maintenance works to the archway at Hartstonge St. Excavation and construction of a basement car park on the site, to include the widening of Savins Lane and the provision of a through road from Savins Lane to Hartstonge St. via the Archway, Hartstonge St., a Protected Structure.
Out of sight, out of mind!
The image in the attatchment shows up how poorly the Georgian Houses are maintained to the rear of Hartstonge Street.
(1) Rear of Oâ€™Gormans Solicitors o.k. https://archiseek.com/content/attachment.php?attachmentid=3258&stc=1&d=1161816555
(2) Vegetation growing on roof.
(3) Roof surface tarred
(4) Crude concrete top up on roof.
(5) Fire escape stairway wall is black / green from dampness?
(6) Adhoc, unfinished cement block extension!
(7) Archway entrance / exit could become an interesting feature yet?