Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Home Forums Ireland well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ? Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Tuborg
Participant
Tuborg wrote:
So from what I can see the buildings that are proposed for total demolition? Are.. No.s 6,7 Rutland street, 6,7 Patrick Street and 3 Ellen street, 4 & 5 Rutland street were due for demolition in the original application but now their fa&#231]

I only skimmed through the report initially, it is a bit all over the place, you’d really want a good bit of time to study it properly!
So just to revise what i said earlier : 4 & 5 Rutland are (to use ABP’s lingo) to be “conserved & repaired” while the facades of 8 & 9 are to be kept!

On Patrick street No.s 4 & 5 are to be “conserved and retained” and on Ellen street No.s 4,5 & 6 will have their facades retained while 7,8 & 9 will be fully retained!..

Also good to see that the report stipulates that these buildings must have “active shop fronts” and that they should open directly onto the shopping mall, at least this means that one side of Ellen street especially wont be just a blank wall. Hopefully this will eventually liven up the whole area, theres definately plenty of scope to develop a vibrant quarter here, especially seen as theres plenty of bars and cafes etc in and around the cornmarket area, if only the large site behind st michaels church at the top of ellen street could be sorted out, hopefully the opera centre will get things moving!..

Latest News