Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Home Forums Ireland well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ? Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Tuborg
Participant

No doubt we’ll have to endure more moaning from the developers about how long the planning process is taking, clearly they cant wait to get on site and tear down some historic buildings. The veil of secrecy surrounding this project is pretty unbelievable, Its nearly a year since the application was submitted and we’re still none the wiser as to what buildings are to be saved/destroyed. All we know is that the former AIB bank is definitely going and more than likely the 2 georgian buildings adjacent to it on Rutland street, admittedly these are in fairly bad shape but hardly beyond repair, I agree with jimg the georgian buildings in this area should be integrated into the new development, it would actually be an ideal opportunity for conservation works to be carried out on them, I shudder to think what the Opera centre frontage to Patrick St/Rutland St would be like if a number of these Georgian buildings were sacrificed!

I really cant understand amongst growing suspicion and uncertainty why the developers haven’t released more detailed plans to allay peoples fears, obviously there’s nothing in the development to allay those fears. It was also reported at the weekend that the developers (regeneration developments) had offered significant amounts of cash to objectors to drop their objections to the plan, if these are the kind of people behind the complex, god help us! 🙁

Latest News