Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Home Forums Ireland well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ? Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

jimg
Participant

These apartments would command a spectacular view of the river Shannon with the Kings island in the background. This location is second to none in Limerick and if the developer gets the design right it will probably kick start more developments towards the treaty stone.

Ah no. If your assumption is right, I presume this development would involve knocking the Curragower pub (not sure of the spelling) which I’ve been in during my last couple visits to the city. Currently this spectacular view is available to the public from the first story roof “beer garden” while sipping a beer; definitely to be recommended during a visit to Limerick. Also, surely 5 stories would be way too much in this location. Even though separated by the river, it would adversely affect the setting of John’s castle (it would probably be much higher than the castle) and Thomond bridge. While trying to find a parking spot behind the pub, I ended up driving through a really interesting warren of medieval patterned little back streets; this is actually a very interesting part of town which would benefit from a less brutal approach to its development than knocking a great pub which draws people to the area and replacing it with a 5 story appartment block. It seems half of Limerick is full of appartments at this stage anyway so I don’t see that this as a positive development for the city.

Latest News