Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Home Forums Ireland well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ? Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

mopeds
Participant

Hi Guys I am a long time reader and 1st time poster here. I think if developed properly the wetlands could be a huge amenity to Limerick. Lets face it that land is hugely under used at present and it is city centre space. I dont know about you but whenever i drive in from Shannon I get an imense sense of pride driving over the bridge and how well the quays look today if this development adds to that all well and good. But it must be sensitive to its surroundings and the wildlife that live there.
Also an 8000 seater events centre would be a major plus for Limerick and bringing visitors to there and lets face it we need alot more tourists to come to Limerick.

On a seperate point does anyone else think Limerick is building too many shopping centres. We have 3 so called “biggest shopping centres in munster” under planning at present. I am hugely in favour of the opera centre and the badly needed development in the city centre. But the need for the other 2 is questionable especially the one at the parkway. I think Limerick is already overshopped as it is.

Latest News