Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Home Forums Ireland well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ? Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

dave123
Participant

@electrolyte wrote:

Credit where credit due….

Reading through this thread, Limerick really seems to be planning and building some fantastic projects….the riverfront is looking really cool….and taking advantage of its proximity to Shannon by building an 8,000 seat arena will totally encourage more and more to the city for conferences ,concerts and the like…conferences and concerts that Dublin should be able to accommodate but that it cant….

Those in charge of planning down there are so on the ball, those in charge of planning in Dublin should take note….I mean there are suburbs bigger than Limerick within Dublin….God, it really grates on me!

I’m moving to Limerick.

Electolyte, Welcome to the Limerick thread 🙂

BTW, I read on the property section of the Sunday times, and I seen a rather large post of the Abbey court development near Baals bridge,
Abbey Court comprises of a number of retail units at ground floor level and is a superb opportunity for a wide range of uses. There is a total area of 1,203 sq. m. which is capable of subdivision into various sizes to suit individual requirements. The retail element has a high profile to the Northern Relief Road and benefits considerably from a high volume of passing traffic. Of significant benefit is the convenience of an adjoining 240-space multi storey car park which forms part of the development.

[align=center:typ80azn]Image hosted by Photobucket.com[/align:typ80azn]

Its quite a large scheme.

Royal George and Carlton sites (not great quality photos)
[align=center:typ80azn]Image hosted by Photobucket.com[/align:typ80azn]

Units are available to take up on the two lower floors of the Royal George building.
The other floors from the first to seventh will be 127-bedroom hotel. I think Turborg stated this a few threads back anyway, There is so many rumours as to what shops are going in there, but there is a lot of interest from what I’m gathering.

Carlton building,

[align=center]
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Units are up for grabs at the two lower ground floors and above are apartments and mixed use I think, I’ll try update on that. Is this scheme completed, does anyone know?

And also…
Landsdowne hall apartements looks rather impressive to, I’ll post some on a later date.

Some festive news,
Limerick city council is to have a really buzzing Xmas season this year with their new Xmas lights.
They have improved all the old stocks including the new ones, which will light all the city centre streets
Henry Street is also going to be lit for the first time in history!

Latest News