Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Home Forums Ireland well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ? Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

ShaneP
Participant

“Relation to Arthurs quay park
I agree with you Shane, about the views and landmark site, but I’d prefer some sort of a look out building or theatre/ opera house to signify the importance of the river etc.

What do you think of that idea?”

Is the idea of highlighting the importance of the river really be best served by destroying one of the city’s few large public spaces and hiding the river behind a large building where only a select group of users are able to enjoy it? I think it would be best to utilise the potential of the surrounding sites in raising the profile of both the park and the river, ex. refurbishment of Arthur’s Quay S.C and perhaps the development of a new Belltable Arts centre at Sarsfield S.C , which could have foyers overlooking both ammenities and be linked in it’s over all design to its surroundings by means of a semi enclosed public space from the park, thru’ the centre and up to the level of Sarsfied Bridge.

Latest News