Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Home Forums Ireland well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ? Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

ShaneP
Participant

So quite a few big smileys there, Dave123. It will be class alright -100% good craic extra free. There’s always a great atmosphere in the city when there’s a big match on, be it rugby or GAA. Haven’t been to the Gaelic Grounds since it was finished, but I gather it has a capacity of c.55,000, which surely makes it close to second in size after Croke Park.

As for media coverage, don’t see the point in lazy throwaway remarks which seem all to common in a lot of national newspapers – it reflects more on the character of the journalist than the city and I can’t imagine it does their sales figures any good as I certainly am not going to pay to be insulted, regardless of any good points these papers might have.

I think Limerick has to be the most liveable city in Ireland at present – despite the problems it shares in common with many other places. And with all the proposals such as the Shannon rail link, tunnell, new shops in the city centre along with pedestrianisation, convention centre and Thomond Park among others, it will only get better.
🙂

Latest News