Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Home Forums Ireland well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ? Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

foinse
Participant

Plans to extend shopping centre lodged with council

Published Date: 16 January 2010
By Nick Rabbitts
DEVELOPERS have lodged plans to extend the Woodview Shopping Centre, near the Limerick Institute of Technology.
For the second time in the space of under 12 months, Ger & Jacinta Rodahan have lodged plans with the local authority to extend the small shopping area, which at the moment is home to the Centra shop run by the Rodahans, a hair salon, and a late-night pharmacy.

They have applied for a single storey extension to the centre for three retail units, with the extension measuring 155 square metres.

Last September, Limerick City Council gave the go-ahead to an extension of Woodview Shopping Centre, in a move which will effectively see it double in size.

According to those plans, the site will double from its current size of 500 square metres and incorporate five new retail units, and one new food market.

At the time, Mayor Kevin Kiely welcomed the development.

“It’s near the two schools (St Nessans and LIT) and there is a huge population there from the immediate area. I have always been looking for better amenities in my ward. I think we need extra shops in that area though.”

However, Mayor Kiely said residents should get together and discuss the plans if they feel concerned.

Latest News