Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Home Forums Ireland well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ? Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

dave123
Participant

In relation to the planning crisis in Limerick, is there not any coherent or balanced plans on the agenda to spread the city’s population in a circular fashion and not just all to Raheen and Castletroy. I know Castletroy is a very desired suburb. But there are many parts of the city that could be rezoned. For example the city council wants to have a population increase in its city boundary. They had drawn up a plan for the rezoning of lands in Caherdavin. Minister Gormly I think wants the city boundary to go ahead under the one administration. The parts of Clare will be part of the city boundary. But it will still be known as Country Clare. The urban area that spills into Clare should be in control of the city limits, for it is in the city limits.

I have to say the city is a planning mess right now. The road at Coonagh should have already been extended to Moyross. Though I’m glad the city council are working on the inner orbital this will allow the pedestrianisation to go ahead.

Hopefully fingers crossed the Opera centre will go ahead, or at least we will find a way to use this site. The knocking of Arthurs quay into a Limerick centre heart for the people.

Limerick is on the right track for the future if we bring a more balanced/community feel to any development that is proposed. The money monopoly/orientation has to go. The corruption is not to be tolerated anymore.

Latest News