Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Home Forums Ireland well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ? Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Tuborg
Participant

De-mountable floodlighting masts would have been an excellent option for the uncovered stand side, although it would be asking far too much for Limerick GAA to come up with such an innovative solution!:rolleyes: The corners of both terrace’s offer some of the best views of the pitch, now they are going to be obscured by these large poles, it’s an absolutely terrible decision.

I would love to know if the opposition from local residents really did have an impact on the positioning of the mast’s. If it did, then I think questions need to be asked of Limerick City Council! I had a look back over the recent planning history of the Gaelic Grounds and its pretty obvious that the local GAA have found it strangely difficult to get planning permission for a variety of applications.

We already know that the initial floodlighting application was shot down last year. Oddly, there were also issues with the re-location of an electronic scoreboard from one end of the ground to the other!:confused: Back in 2002 when the re-development of the GGs was finally given the green light, a key condition stated that non-sporting events would not be permitted at the venue!

Maybe I’m reading too much into this but it seems that while LCC have bent over backwards to facilitate Munster Rugby and Thomond Park, they have been extremely un-accomodating towards Limerick GAA and the Gaelic Grounds. Perhaps its got something to do with the revenue Munster Rugby brings to the city.;)

Latest News