Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Home Forums Ireland well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ? Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Tuborg
Participant

@CologneMike wrote:

Bedford Row ~ Cinema Complex ~ Fordmount / Burke Kennedy Doyle Architects

In City Central Phase Two Fordmount are planning to attract leisure and food operators to Bedford Row in order to create a shopping synergy with the primarily fashion based tenant mix evident in City Central Phase One. Plans are currently in design phase for a state of the art cinema complex with a number of complimentary retail & food units at street level.

The development will be designed by Burke Kennedy Doyle Architects who are responsible for delivering several of Limerick City’s showcase developments such as Riverpoint, The Marriott Hotel and Lansdowne Hall on O’Callaghan Strand. Plans will be launched in early 2009.

I found this on Fordmount’s new web site.

Long, long overdue for the city centre and recession proof on top of that. Anybody got anything new on this?

There has been a lot of conflicting reports about this project. The plans were first announced late last Summer but the word at the moment is that any development is a good while off yet. I don’t know are they even close to submitting an application.

A pub has recently opened up in the old Nevada Smyths premises on the corner, probably on a short term lease!

As I said at the time, there is significant scope to the rear of the building, with a large area of warehouses etc stretching through to Sarsfield Street. Hopefully these will be included in any new development, it would take away some of the dead frontage that is currently plaguing that street.

Latest News