Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Home Forums Ireland well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ? Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

massamann
Participant

I’d like to believe that my opinion isn’t dishonest, it’s just DIFFERENT FROM YOURS.

It’s a site in the middle of the bridge that is the main crossing point of the Shannon into the city. From this bridge you can see the castle, the cathedral, curraghower falls, and along Sarsfield St into the commercial centre of town. There’s a picture in my parents house of this very view. Short of knocking down the castle, I can’t think of anywhere in the city that’s undeniably higher profile. Although I’m happy to hear which are the alternatives that you think are more visible.

Having said all that, I’d still be in favour of building something here. It’s just that my first choice wouldn’t be privately owned offices. And it would have to be of a higher standard than this proposal. After all, it’s not like we’re stuck for either office space or development land. There is no imperative to building here.

And if this site isn’t high profile, maybe you should mention that to the developer: it’d save him alot of money and hassle if his development relocated away from the river. But even though we may disagree on his proposal, both he and I seem to think that this site is worth having and therefore worth debating.

So what do you think? Do you think private offices on this site are a good idea?

Latest News