Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Home Forums Ireland well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ? Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Dreamstate
Participant

@CologneMike wrote:

Dreamstate, very similar developers built Sarsfield (Wellesley) Bridge and the floating dock and they did so for purely commercial reasons. I would even say we lost a lot more heritage because of poverty than due to commercial activity. More importantly we lost a lot of our population since 1856 due economic decline as well!

It really surprises me that Limerick City Council can take the whole Opera block out of the architectural conservation area and get away with it .Now they are removing a building thats on the National Heritage Inventory of Protected structures while everyone sits back and says ‘ its ok because the developments are gonna create employment’……Why not just build on Pery Square altogether? Im sure we could easily get a 40 storey building on one of those derelict old Georgian city blocks that are falling down!!!!!! Interesting also that the only piece of Green area in the background of Mr.Dalys office PR photograph in Riverpoint is the boat club site…I guess we should be thankful that the Hunt Museum green area wasnt clearly visible from his window

Latest News