Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Home Forums Ireland well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ? Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Tuborg
Participant

@CologneMike wrote:

Park Canal Restoration Project (Limerick City Council)

Council’s €300,000 Blunder ([url=”http://www.limerickpost.ie/dailynews.elive?id=9128&category=Daily-Thu%5DLimerick Post[/url])

A furious Mayor John Gilligan, . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . informed by the Limerick Post. 😮 Embarrassing 😮

What a cock-up this is! I believe the dredging work was carried out by what the Council described as “an experienced contractor” about a fortnight ago. It really is a very simple matter, either the dredging contractor was given the wrong instructions by the City Council or else the contractor failed to carry out the work to the expected standard!

I know the Council have some very grand plans for both the canal and the area in the immediate vicinity (including a number of derelict sites) but the progress has been incredibly slow. The renewal of a very short section is all that has been achieved in the last 4 years, is it a funding issue thats holding things up? Are there any more EU or Government grants available?

I also like the comment at the end of the article stating that they will have ” to look at the overall project again and open it up to public consultation”. Yeah that will really get things moving!:rolleyes:

Latest News