Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Home Forums Ireland well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ? Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

shanekeane
Participant

@dave123 wrote:

Would they have to knock all of the Richmond block?. I haven’t being down that way in a while, In my opinion the Richmond block doesn’t look to bad, or it just me?

To me it would be sensible to retain at least a fraction of the existing proposed high rise elements, It would give more charactor too, if they are proposing to take the whole block anyway!

The land values are pretty expensive here, and will shoot up eventially. So i can see that there is some sense to inject further development here. Bear in mind the whole area here, is zonnd for High density and high rise, in The city development plans.

I didnt say they would have to be renaissance arcades, im saying that if you cut into buildings in order to create a place where shoppers can walk and sit in the rain, you wont have any more ugly awnings and you wont have our city centre being turned into a shopping mall. It could be a perfectly modern design.

Latest News