Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Home Forums Ireland well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ? Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

dave123
Participant

@CologneMike wrote:

It would be wishful thinking on my part that Howard Holdings could now have even bigger plans to include that Richmond Court “C-Shaped” block of apartments into a truly “Estuary Quarters”. Demolishing and converting this whole block into offices with a highrise element similar to the nearby riverpoint would be in my opinion the better use of this city centre site.

See previous posts “Urban renewal at what price?” and “Richmond Court

Originally this petrol station site was planned for a hotel.

Would they have to knock all of the Richmond block?. I haven’t being down that way in a while, In my opinion the Richmond block doesn’t look to bad, or it just me?

To me it would be sensible to retain at least a fraction of the existing proposed high rise elements, It would give more charactor too, if they are proposing to take the whole block anyway!

The land values are pretty expensive here, and will shoot up eventially. So i can see that there is some sense to inject further development here. Bear in mind the whole area here, is zonnd for High density and high rise, in The city development plans.

Latest News