Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Home Forums Ireland well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ? Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Anonymous
Participant

@shanekeane wrote:

I like the scale of the big plan for the city centre, but if the planners are reading this, here’s a suggestion:

Limerick this year didn’t have a summer, it rained every day. Same last year. When designing buildings for these streets, incorporate arcades in them, like you see in a lot of Italian cities. This will provide shelter from the rain where people can sit and enjoy their lunch while also smoking a cigarette if they want to. Since every eatery in the country is now putting flimsy tables and chairs in the street and even flimsier awnings over people in a vain attempt to keep them dry, why not incorporate this feature into these new city centre streets to account for a rather big change in the habits of Irish people in recent years. If there’s any place that needs arcades like this, it is Ireland.

Shane, oddly enough I was thinking the same thing myself about use of buildings to shelter pedestrians from the elements. It would be a great idea for new development around the Arthur’s quay area. One slight problem thought is providing line of sight for people when crossing the road.

Latest News